We inform everyone interested that the "KEDITH Cisco Academy" of the Public Benefit Enterprise of the Municipality of Thessaloniki (KEDITH) will offer a FREE training program on cyber security functions. The program will start on December 08 and will end on March 12, 2021 (a total of 70 hours of attendance). The program will be monitored online every Tuesday and Thursday between 18.00 - 21.00.
Will you meet the challenge of protecting your network?
Cyber espionage as well as other threats to data networks are some of the exciting job opportunities in cybersecurity in every field of activity. Acquire the skills to participate in an ever-evolving field and take advantage of the opportunities available at Security Operation Centers. The most important thing in this area is that you help the world to be a safer place.
Upon completion of the courses you will be able to:
- install Virtual Machines to create a secure environment in which to implement and analyze Cyber-attacks
- explain the role of a Cybersecurity Analyst in a corporate environment
- explain the features and capabilities of the Windows Operating System, which are necessary to support a cybersecurity analysis
- explain the features and capabilities of the Linux Operating System
- analyze the operation of network protocols and services
- explain the operation of a network infrastructure
- categorize the different types of attacks in a network
- use network monitoring tools to detect attacks on network protocols and services
- explain how malicious access to networks, computers and data can be prevented
- explain the effect of encryption on network security monitoring
- evaluate alerts for network security breaches
- analyze network intrusion data to identify which computers have been compromised
- apply an event response model to manage network security events
- take the CyberOps Associate certification exam.
In detail, the material that you will teach includes the following:
- Because networks and data are under attack
- How to prepare for a career in Cyber Security
- Security features in the Windows Operating System
- Basic principles of security implementation in the Linux Operating System
- How protocols allow communication and network operations
- How Ethernet and IP protocols support network communication
- How to authenticate communication between devices on a network
- Analysis of the ARP protocol
- How the Transport Layer protocol of the TCP / IP model supports network communication
- What possibilities do the network services offer in the operation of the network
- How communication takes place on wired and wireless networks
- How attacks are carried out on a network
- What are the types of threats and attacks on a network
- How to monitor packet traffic on a network
- How attackers exploit TCP / IP vulnerabilities to carry out attacks
- How common network applications are vulnerable to attacks
- What are the approaches to the organization of the defense of a network
- How access control is applied as a method of protecting the network
- What sources of information can be used to learn about current security threats?
- How the Public Key Infrastructure is used for data security
- How a malware analysis site generates a malware analysis report
- How the vulnerabilities of the final devices of a network are recorded and managed
- How security technologies affect network security monitoring
- What forms of data security are used to monitor the security of a network
- What is the process of classifying events according to their risk
- Data analysis to identify the source of the event
- Digital Criminology, Incident Analysis and Response
Certificate of Attention, Digital Badge and Certification
After successfully attending the program and the relevant exams, you will receive Certificate of Attention (Certification of Completion). You can also receive praise (letter of merit) with his signature Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins, if your grade is at least 75% in the overall final exam.
In addition, the program offers you Digital Badge (digital certificate), which can be posted on your online profile (eg LinkedIn), on your CV, but also sent to your prospective employer. The Digital Badge certifies in a safe and verifiable way your areas of education, as well as the training provider. Cisco Professional Digital Signal Collection can be viewed on the Credly platform - Acclaim.
Finally, after the courses, you can take the exams for "CyberOps Associate" certification (CBROPS) which helps you make a great start to your cyber security career. To obtain it you pass the test that covers the basic knowledge of the skills and procedures of cyber security (200-201 CBROPS). If you achieve a percentage of more than 75% in the final evaluation of the program you receive a 50% discount coupon for the certification exams. The cost of certification will be borne by the participants. The examinations can be carried out in one of the authorized examination centers of Thessaloniki (eg Datalabs, Ethnikis Aminis 14A or Infolab, Papanastasiou 66 or Systemplus, Al. Svolou 27 or Infotech, Syggrou 10).
Participants - Prerequisites
The program is aimed at anyone interested in gaining advanced knowledge in cyber threat management and seeking jobs as entry-level Associate Security Analyst and Incident Reply. The maximum number of participants will be 16 people.
Due to the difficulty and specialization of the subject, it is recommendedCandidate trainees need to have:
good knowledge of English
have enrolled in study programs at higher education institutions majoring in information technology or have worked as IT professionals
computer skills (eg basic knowledge of Windows & Linux operating systems or networks or CCNA ή Cybersecurity Essentials)
line Internet at least adsl 24mbps
any PC of the last 8 years with at least 4GB RAM (strong recommendation for 8GB RAM) to be able to run the labs that are all in Virtual Machines
Venue / Method of conduct
The course will be done online through modern and asynchronous distance education tools under the guidance of a specialized teacher. There will be required tasks each week (110+ interactive activities, videos, & quizzes and 6 Cisco Packet Tracer activities) in addition to 6 hours of monitoring (up to 20 hours of personal study / week). The lessons will be done in Greek, while all the curriculum in English is given electronically.
For the participation of those interested in the program, it is required to complete a relevant electronic application by 29 November 2020. Securing a place will be done in order of priority. Prerequisite is that the interested parties are residents or citizens of the Municipality of Thessaloniki.
The documents proving that you are a citizen or resident of the Municipality of Thessaloniki can be sent until November 29 (time 15.00) to the address email@example.com
The status of resident is proved by any suitable proof of residence, such as e.g. utility network bills (PPC, EYATH), telephony bills, real estate titles or leases, etc.). Citizenship is evidenced by the certificate of marital status or birth (For convenience On the website https://thessaloniki.gr/ You select "DIGITAL CERTIFICATES AND CERTIFICATES from home", then you enter the system using your personal Taxisnet codes and in the Online Service "Demotologio" you request the receipt of your certificate. It is sufficient to submit the electronic application by November 29 (15.00).)
Registration Form: https://forms.gle/LVgEg1GgeZNJrN9T9
The program is offered under the Cisco Networking Academy program. For more information on KEDITH Cisco Academy programs contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your participation !!!
# Municipality of Thessaloniki
# New Actions
# We stay_Safe