We inform everyone interested that the "KEDITH Cisco Academy" of the Public Benefit Enterprise of the Municipality of Thessaloniki (KEDITH) will offer a FREE training program on basic networking knowledge (Networking Essentials). The program is made with the support and participation of the Scientific College of Greece SCG and will be implemented in partnership with the three Cisco Academies of the Municipalities of Thessaloniki, Trikala and Preveza.
The attendance of the program will be done online in a hybrid form, ie at the time and pace that will be chosen by each interested party, but also through the attendance of courses which will be presented by a specialized certified teacher. The program will start on October 01 and will be completed by December 17, 2021. The total duration of attendance is 70 hours of which 24 hours will be conducted under the supervision of a certified teacher and the remaining 46 hours by the method of self-learning. . There will be 6 online courses, one 4-hour course every two weeks. The day that the course will be held is Friday between 18.00 - 22.00.
After the successful monitoring of the program and the relevant examinations, it is given digitally Certificate of Attention (Certification of Completion) and Digital Certificate of Education (Digital Training Badge).
Begin your journey in Networking Essentials.
Are you connected? Of course you are! Here's why you should take this course! Would you like to learn a little more about how this is possible? This lesson is the perfect introduction to what it takes to connect to the internet. Do not wait, you will receive a lot of good knowledge!
The Networking Essentials program provides students with basic knowledge in the field of Networks, both wired and wireless topologies. It is aimed at anyone pursuing a career in Information Technology and is the antechamber of the CCNA, as it helps students better cope with the demanding CCNA curriculum. Upon completion of the program students will be able to:
- Explain the concept of network communication
- Explain what it takes to connect to the Internet
- Simulate a network using the Packet Tracer tool
- Create an operating network
- Explain the importance of standards and protocols in network communication
- Explain how communication is achieved on an Ethernet network
- Create a fully functional Local Are Network (LAN)
- Explain the characteristics of an IP address
- Configure a DHCP Server
- Explain the basic principles of IPv4 and IPv6 address management
- Explain how computers on a network can access the Internet
- Explain the operation of Application level services
- Configure a Router with built-in wireless networking capabilities and connect computers to the wireless network
- Configure the wireless networking service on mobile devices
- Explain best security practices for dealing with attacks
- Configure basic security settings
- Learn how to use Cisco IOS
- Create a simple network with Cisco devices
- Perform basic troubleshooting to solve problems
The material includes the following chapters:
- Communications in an interconnected world.
- Active connections.
- Explore networks with Packet Tracer.
- Create a simple network.
- Principles of communication.
- Network design and access level.
- Routing between networks.
- The Internet protocol.
- Dynamic addressing with DHCP.
- Manage IPv4 and IPv addresses
- Transfer level services.
- Application level services.
- Creating a home network.
- Internet connection.
- Security issues.
- Network and device security management.
- Cisco switches and
- Cisco IOS Command Prompt
- Creating a Cisco Network.
- Network troubleshooting.
The program consists of 5 modules and is addressed to any interested party who wants to receive basic knowledge in networks. Those adults who wish can participate. Participants must have basic computer skills.
The course will be done online through asynchronous distance learning tools. The trainees will have access to all the curriculum (in English) electronically.
Requests for participation
For the participation of those interested in the program, the completion of a relevant electronic application is required until September 29, 2021. Securing a place will be done in order of priority. Prerequisite is that the interested parties are residents or citizens of the Municipality of Thessaloniki.
The documents proving that you are a citizen or resident of the Municipality of Thessaloniki can be sent until September 29 (time 15.00) to the address email@example.com
The status of resident is proved by any suitable proof of residence, such as e.g. utility network accounts (PPC, EYATH), telephony bills, real estate titles or leases, etc.). Citizenship is evidenced by the certificate of marital status or birth (For convenience à On the website https://thessaloniki.gr/ you select "DIGITAL CERTIFICATES AND CERTIFICATES from home", then you enter the system using your personal Taxisnet codes and in the Online Service "Demotologio" you request the receipt of your certificate. It is enough to submit the electronic application by September 29 (time 15.00).)
Registration Form: https://spark.adobe.com/page/Xz6pMcuB1VPbX/
The program is offered under the Cisco Networking Academy program. For more information about KEDITH Cisco Academy programs contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your participation !!!